My First Conference is a conference organized exclusively for the doctoral students. More ambitious graduate students can also take part.
A suitable conference paper is any paper that can fit within topics of engineering and technology. Although the conference is organized primarily for the students of Faculty of Civil Engineering, Faculty of Engineering and Faculty of Maritime Studies of the University of Rijeka, participants from other institutions are more than welcome.
Why My First Conference?
- To provide the feedback to students for their ongoing research. Thus, the presentation should aim at presenting research that is still not finished.
- The doctoral students will have a possibility to improve presentation skills at a scientific conference at no cost.
- It will connect young doctoral students from different institutions, and that should result in more interdisciplinary research projects.
- The international conference environment will be simulated by using the English as the conference language.
- Most doctoral students must publicly present research results. This presentation can serve for this purpose if the person in charge of your graduate study approves it.